Skill Development Program in Category I AIFs and Category II AIFs
Customizable FormatChoose your Learning Outcomes, based on your requirements
Specialization and Niche skillCertification in Alternative Investments and Finance
DurationChoice of Program Structure: 15 hours to 60 hours
Real-time OutputLive Quizzes, Pre-reads and Interactive Sessions
Subject Matter ExpertsIndustry Experts from Alternatives industry
The importance of Alternative Investments has grown rapidly in India in the last five years. With the growth in AUM of Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs), the demand for qualified professionals and fund managers has also increased correspondingly. The program focuses on Private Equity markets, legal fund structures, forms of private capital and its growth in the domestic as well as international markets. Participants can compare the growth of PE and VC Investments in India, with leading global markets, to understand the hindrances and opportunities for Indian funds. The program will also provide hands-on knowledge on the accounting processes, due diligence, valuation and performance attribution methods for these funds and their applicable regulations in India. Participants will be able to grasp the developments in the Start-up Ecosystem, Start-up India initiatives, tax benefits and growth of India as a Start-up Hub.
The course will be conducted through interactive online sessions, covering the key concepts along with in-class assignments, discussions and presentations. Additional readings will be provided for covering the contemporary aspects on an ongoing basis.
Interactive Learning and In-class Participation:
For an interactive learning experience, participants will be provided the following:
- Live Quizzes – Get real-time feedback and output from the faculty
- Group Discussions – Join the assigned Break-out Rooms for live discussions on current case studies in the market
- Introduction to Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Private Equity Fund Structure and Fee Structure
- Regulatory Landscape in India for Category I AIFs and Category II AIFs
- Term Sheet Negotiations and Due Diligence
- Other Equity Forms of Private Capital
- Valuation and Performance Attribution – Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Accounting, Taxation and Fund Documentation
- Manager Selection and Due Diligence
- Start-up India and Growth of Private Equity in India
Exam & Certification
The participants will be required to appear for a Certification Test. The Certification Test can be attempted only once by the candidate. Upon successful completion of the Certification Test, all the participants shall be eligible to earn the Certificate of Participation.
Duration: 1 hour
Pattern of Questions: 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), of 2 marks each. Up to 25% of the questions shall be asked in the form of a case study.
Passing Marks: 50 marks, out of total 100 Marks. There shall be No Negative Marking.
After successful completion of this program, candidates would be suitable to explore professional opportunities in the following:
- Private Equity Funds and Angel Funds
- Start-up Valuation and Investing
- Term Sheet Negotiations
- Deal Structuring
- Family Office
- Compliance and Regulations
- Due Diligence
- Tax Advisory or Legal Advisory
- Fund Administration or Fund Accounting
Who is this Program For ?
Candidates seeking this program would be professionals working in/as:
- Private Equity Firms
- Family Office Consultants
- Angel Funds
- Wealth Management Firms
- Institutions and HNI Investors
- Distributors and Marketing Professionals
- Research Analysts
- Investment Advisors
- Lawyers and Tax Advisors
- Investment Managers
- Finance Students