Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) Program - Level III Exam
After learning Asset Valuation in Level II, the CFA® Level III exam focuses on the concepts and methods for effective Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning. The candidate will notice a shift in the learning focus from Level I (Basic Knowledge and Comprehension) to Level II (Application of Basics and Analysis) to Level III (Evaluation and Synthesis of Concepts Applied) The CFA® Level III exam focuses on:
- Private Wealth Management and Institutional Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Management - With Special Asset Classes
- Evaluation of Portfolio Management Techniques
- CFA® Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct, including Asset Manager Code of Professional Conduct
CFA® Level III Exam Format:
- The CFA® Level III exam consists of item-sets and constructed response (essay) questions.
- Morning session: Consists of Constructed response (essay) questions. Usually there are between 8 and 12 questions, each with several subparts, with a maximum of 180 points. The point value for each question is provided in the exam book.
- Afternoon session: Consists of 10 item set questions, having format similar to Level II.
CFA® Level III Exam Topics and Weights
|Ethical & Professional Standards||10-15%|
|Financial Reporting and Analysis||0%|
|Fixed Income Investments||10-20%|
|Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning||40-55%|
CFA® Level III Exam Fees and Deadlines
June, 2016 Exam
|Payment Deadlines||Exam Registration Fee|
|September 28, 2015 (Early Bird)||$650|
|February 17, 2016 (Standard Fee)||$860|
|March 16, 2016 (Late Fee)||$1280|