Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) Program - Level II Exam
After gaining the basic knowledge of investment tools and portfolio management techniques in CFA® Level I, Level II exam focuses on the application of such tools and techniques, with the objective of learning how to value all types of investments. CFA® Level II focuses on:
- Valuation of Assets
- Application of various investment tools and techniques, to learn the valuation of all types of investments
- Research methods to conduct company analysis and industry-wide analysis
- CFA® Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct (with Applications) and Research Objectivity Standards
CFA® Level II Exam Format:
- Instead of single questions on each topic, there are item sets in the CFA® Level II exam. The exam consists of 20 item-sets – split in 2 sessions.
- An item-set is a case study, approximate length being 1.5 pages.
- Each item-set has 6 multiple choice questions, totalling to 120 questions
- Morning Session (3 hours) and Afternoon Session (3 hours) – each consisting of 10 item-set questions. There are 18 minutes for one item-set.
- Level II exam is graded for 360 points, based on the number of minutes on the exam.
CFA® Level II Exam Topics and Weights
|Ethical & Professional Standards||10-15%|
|Financial Reporting and Analysis||15-20%|
|Fixed Income Investments||10-20%|
|Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning||5-10%|
CFA® Level II Exam Fees and Deadlines
June, 2016 Exam
|Payment Deadlines||Exam Registration Fee|
|September 28, 2015 (Early Bird)||$650|
|February 17, 2016 (Standard Fee)||$860|
|March 16, 2016 (Late Fee)||$1280|