Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA®) Program - Level II Exam
The CAIA® Level II exam provides advanced and in-depth knowledge on the following topics of Alternative Investments:
- Asset Allocation and Portfolio Mangement
- Private Equity
- Real Assets
- Hedge Funds and Managed Futures
- Risk Management and Portfolio Management
The curriculum also provides in-depth knowledge on the CFA® Institute Standards of Professional Conduct
CAIA® Level II Exam Format:
- The CAIA® Level II exam is composed of 200 multiple-choice questions. The 200 questions are to be completed within 4 houRs.
- There are 2 sections in the exam of 2 hours each. Each section has 100 multiple-choice questions.
- The candidate has the option of taking a 30-minute break between the 2 sections.
CAIA® Level II Exam Topics and Weights
|Topic Area||Question Format|
|Weight (%)||Weight (%)|
|Professional Standards and Ethics||0%||10%|
|Hedge Funds and Managed Futures||10%-20%||0%-10%|
|Structured Products, Asset Allocation and Portfolio Management||5%-15%||0%-10%|
|Risk & Risk Management, Manager Selection, Due Diligence and Regulation||5%-15%||0%-10%|
CAIA® Level II Exam Fees and Deadlines
March, 2016 Exam
|Early Registration (Deadline: Nov 12, 2015)||Standard Registration (Deadline: Feb 04, 2016)th>|
September, 2016 Exam
|Early Registration (Deadline: May 12, 2015)||Standard Registration (Deadline: August 04, 2016)|
- There is an early registration discount of $100 on the first-time Exam Registration Fees.
- There are separate discounts for employees of AIMA and CISDM member companies on first-time exam registration fees. The candidate must confirm the membership with AIMA and CISDM.