Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA®) Program - Level I Exam
The CAIA® Level I exam provides an introduction to Alternative Investments, the risk and return parameters and its performance measurement. It also provides basic knowledge of the types of Alternative Investments such as:
- Private Equity
- Real Assets
- Hedge Funds
- Structured Products.
- Risk Management and Portfolio Management
The curriculum also provides in-depth knowledge on the CFA® Institute Standards of Professional Conduct
CAIA® Level I Exam Format:
- The CAIA® Level I exam is composed of 200 multiple-choice questions. The 200 questions are to be completed within 4 houRs.
- There are 2 sections in the exam of 2 hours each. Each section has 100 multiple-choice questions.
- The candidate has the option of taking a 30-minute break between the 2 sections.
CAIA® Level I Exam Topics and Weights
|Professional Standards and Ethical||15%-20%|
|Introduction to Alternative Investments||15%-20%|
|Risk Management and Portfolio Management||15%-20%|
CAIA® Level I Exam Fees and Deadlines
March, 2016 Exam
|Early Registration (Deadline: Nov 12, 2015)||Standard Registration (Deadline: Feb 04, 2016)|
September, 2016 Exam
|Early Registration (Deadline: May 12, 2015)||Standard Registration (Deadline: August 04, 2016)|
- There is an early registration discount of $100 on the first-time Exam Registration Fees.
- There are separate discounts for employees of AIMA and CISDM member companies on first-time exam registration fees. The candidate must confirm the membership with AIMA and CISDM.